[Operators] Finally *fix* the list-issue

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Mon Jan 16 19:51:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 2012-01-16 20:08, Daniel Fischaleck wrote:
> it is no big deal in my opinion. Mati just has to implement a function which
> is capable to display the server list on third party homepages using the PHP
> include command.
>
> In other words: if you have some spare time, Mati, then please think about how
> xmpp.org could fetch the list from jabber.at (maybe with a small copyright on
> its footer) and display it on their server list page.

There is an API for use by clients, but I won't object to other
homepages using it. Server-admins: If you want to display the data on
your homepage, feel free to do so! (Something like an attribution to me
would still be nice, of course). Thats of course also true for the XSF
and xmpp.org.

The site itself is Open Source - the link to the git-repo is on the
bottom of every page. This reminds me, that I still have to add some
license :-). If you want to run your own instance of the CMS - I'm happy
to give assistance.

Django Sites can run under multiple domains. If the XSF is willing to do
so, it can just point list.xmpp.org to jabber.at. I'm also happy to
maintain the same at some XSF server.

Hey, XMPP is an open network. Share and collaborate!

greetings, Mati

--
twitter: @mathiasertl | soup: http://soup.er.tl | xing: Mathias Ertl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!