stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jan 25 03:00:35 UTC 2012
Folks, this evening I coverted the information from the xmpp.org web
page at http://xmpp.org/resources/public-services/ into a format that
will enable us to use XEP-0309 when server software starts to support
that protocol. I now store information about each server in a vCard4
file, which is converted into an old-style services.xml file (disco
format) and into the index.html at xmpp.net using shell scripts and
XSLT. Once we are running a suitable XMPP server at xmpp.net, the server
software will gather vCards directly from other servers over the network
(no need for admins to send the information on this email list, see
XEP-0309 for details), those vCards will be stored in the right
directory, and we'll have a cron job to automatically update the
website. However, that's mostly in the future for now.
You can see the results at http://xmpp.net/ -- if this looks fine, I'll
create a redirect from http://xmpp.org/resources/public-services/ to
http://xmpp.net/ sometime soon.
Oh, and I did correct one piece of data while I was doing this work:
I've removed jabber.fsinf.at from the server list (it still shows up at
xmpp.org, but not at xmpp.net).
Next steps: catch up on server registrations and work on implementation
and deployment of XEP-0309.
More information about the Operators