[Operators] Administering of MUC

Peter Viskup skupko.sk at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:19:21 UTC 2012

Dear all,
we are experiencing some strange situation on MUC on our jabber server.
There were quite a lot of MUC created and most of them from Syria. These
MUCs were moved from other jabber server on which they were blocked.

Does somebody of you have experience with bots flooding MUCs and users
asking for granting them admin rights for specific MUCs? How do you
'clean' persistent MUCs not used anymore?

Main issues:
  - listing of registered conferences take some minutes
  - muc_room Mnesia table is about 58MBs large
  - ejabberdctl doesn't provide commands for administering MUCs

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
--
Peter Viskup