[Operators] Future of XMPP Re: The Google issue

Tobias Mädel t.maedel at alfeld.de
Tue Dec 3 14:36:17 UTC 2013

>even the latest Arduino
>boards run Linux now.

Even worse. You can even use XMPP on a standard arduino/8-bit
microprocessor. (http://old.ethersex.de/index.php/Feature_Liste)

XML is definitly not the problem of XMPP. IMHO at this stage XMPP has
much more political problems than technical ones.
XML is relativly unproblematic, e.g. because of the internal
compression of TLS or through XEP-0138.
Also, as Matthew stated correctly, traffic and bandwidth really isn't
a problem anymore.

so long,
Tobias

--
#define true ((rand() % 2)? true: false)
Tobias Mädel
t.maedel at alfeld.de
http://tbspace.de