[Operators] Future of XMPP Re: The Google issue

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Tue Dec 3 15:31:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 03:10:02PM +0000, David Banes wrote:
> However, conversations like this do irritate me a bit because XMPP is
> already successfully deployed to more end points in the corporate and
> government world than many would imagine.  Don't assume just because
> XMPP isn't pervasive in the consumer world that it's a dead platform.

Many years ago I remember firing up a wifi sniffer in the Atlanta
airport.  I saw a ton of XMPP messages flying around in the clear.

XMPP in the corporate (especially M2M) space is huge, and rightfully so,
but those deployments aren't typically federated ouside their
organizations, at least not in an open manner.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^