[Operators] public XMPP service: [jabberafrica.org]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jul 3 03:53:52 UTC 2013

On 7/1/13 2:35 AM, Valérian Saliou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I added your server (+ jabberpl.org <http://jabberpl.org> server,
> as previously requested) to one of my pull request (which also adds
> some changes to my XMPP server and one other).
>
> See there: https://github.com/stpeter/xmppdotnet/pull/4
>
> stpeter (or any other allowed person on xmppdotnet main repo),
> possible to get this accepted and deployed on xmpp.net
> <http://xmpp.net> soon?

Hi Valérian, thanks for your interest in the xmpp.net list.

If you want to help out with maintenance, let's chat sometime so that
I can understand what kind of checking you perform. Here is the
process I follow:

http://xmpp.net/verify.html

Unfortunately, I haven't yet figured out a good way to verify the
verifiers. :-)  (For example, how do I know that you have sent the
proper email message to the hostmaster/postmaster/webmaster address,
that you have checked the SRV records and certificates, etc.?)

Ideally, we'll eventually make this whole process automated using
XEP-0309 (Service Directories):

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0309.html

But first we need an implementation of XEP-0309 that we can run at
xmpp.net (I keep hoping to find time to code that up for Prosody).

Peter

- --