[Operators] interop with gtalk

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Sun Mar 17 20:41:31 UTC 2013

On Thursday 14 March 2013 12:48:32 magnus anderssen wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've been reading the previous messages about google choosing to
> blacklist new presence requests.
>
> Per mentioned whitelisting until a better solution is found. How do we
> proceed in order to have things working ?

I'd like to second that request.

Furthermore, I understand that spam is an issue, but wouldn't it be possible
to allow incoming (from gmail.com's point of view) subcription requests when
the gmail.com user has already subscribed to the external user presence ? In a
nutshell, if a gmail.com user explicitly adds an external user to its roster,
shouldn't that be taken as an indication that the subscription request isn't
spam ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart