[Operators] About the IM Observatory and the old xml files

Cesar Alcalde lambda512 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 19:43:22 UTC 2013

Hello

The old xmpp.net website that contained the old public directory, also
linked to the list in xml format ( http://xmpp.net/services.xml ) That file
seems to have been removed with the transition to the IM Observatory,
although outdated versions seem to exist at xmpp.org:

- http://xmpp.org/services/services.xml
- http://xmpp.org/services/services-full.xml

I guess that those lists are still on xmpp.org in order to maintain
compatibility with the clients that used them in their "new account"
dialogs.

I use those files, along with the (less complete) list at
https://list.jabber.at/ , to fetch the servers that will appear at
http://www.jabberes.org/servers/

Do you plan to bring back the xml list? Would it be possible to have it
with the "full" format (including description, homepage, coordinates...)?