[Operators] IM Observatory and Diffie-Hellman parameters

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Nov 13 22:18:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Fedor Brunner <fedor.brunner at azet.sk>wrote:

> For detailed description of various attack scenarios with calculations
> please read
>
> ECRYPT II Yearly Report on Algorithms and Keysizes
> (2011-2012)
> http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/documents/D.SPA.20.pdf

Good link; though I suspect the most likely attack these days is from the
NSA rather than anyone else, and DH of 1024 bits is fine for that.

Unless I hear amazing stories about compatibility with largely DH
keylengths I'll be happier accepting 1024 as fine.

Not arguing that other people shouldn't want more though. :-)

Dave.