[Operators] The Google issue

Simon Tennant simon at buddycloud.com
Fri Nov 22 09:23:00 UTC 2013

Speaking as someone, also with many gmail contacts in his roster that I'd
like to keep communicating with, I have two questions:

   - Who can we reach out to at Google and nudge? Time it short to get
   something ready.  Even if it's just to add TLS termination for gmail.com.

   - @server-developers: is there any way to whitelist gmail.com and all
   Google Apps Domains? - that way it's an operator decision if they choose to
   whitelist. What I mean is something like "If the SRV record points to
   xmpp-server.l.google.com and the alt domains, then use cleartext" Is
   this even possible?

S.

On 21 November 2013 21:51, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

--
Simon Tennant | buddycloud.com | +49 17 8545 0880 | office hours:
goo.gl/tQgxP