[Operators] Account registration project

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Fri Nov 29 09:33:27 UTC 2013

Hi Aryo,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 01:49:22AM +0700, Aryo Sandiyudo wrote:
> As usual nice work!

Thanks! :-)

> Is the script can only be used with ejabberd as the backend or it can
> also be used with other XMPP server as well?

The "backend" to communicate with the XMPP server is configurable and only
a Python class with a certain interface. I only have an ejabberd-server at
my disposal, so only that is implemented, but I'm happy to add
implementations by anyone that contributes. I have written a chapter in the
documentation on how to implement a backend:

    https://account.jabber.at/doc/backends.html#custom-backends

> Just curious question, why django? :)

Because I know it very well, its fun to develop for, is widely supported
and offers the richest feature-set of the tools I know. (no flameware
intended. I'm sure there are lots of other great frameworks - I just happen
to know Django the best)

greetings, Mati

--
I only read plain text mail! I prefer pgp|gpg signed & encrypted mails!