[Operators] IM Observatory: Not recognising DigiCert root certificate

Robert Norris robn at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 31 01:44:56 UTC 2013

Just learned about the IM Observatory, cute idea. Of course I ran our
server through it:

  http://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=fastmail.fm&type=client

It has some good advice, which I'm now working through.

I think the "Intermediate certificate was not included in the chain"
error might be bogus though. Its choking on the apparent lack of the
"DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA" cert, however this is a cert
normally included and trusted by browsers and clients alike.

Consider:

  http://www.digicert.com/help/?host=chat.messagingengine.com%3A5223

No errors. Which I'd expect, considering the same keychain is used on
all of our services.

So is the tester subtly broken, or am I subtly misconfigured?

Cheers,
Rob N
FastMail.