[Operators] Prosody vs. spammers - security measures?

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Mon Feb 3 20:25:23 UTC 2014

Am 03.02.2014 20:57, schrieb Evgeny Khramtsov:

> We're thinking to switch to SMS-based verification for
> jabber.ru: we have it currently and it works fine and is pretty cheap,
> just need to disable email verification completely.

Hmm, nice way to collect users phone numbers.

I'm not sure if such should be done as it requires that users have to
provide more datas than they usually want.

And if such becomes a common requirement, privacy has become a bit more
eroded, if such even still exists on the net.

Regards,

Alexander Holler