[Operators] Prosody vs. spammers - security measures?

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 14:35:27 UTC 2014

Mon, 03 Feb 2014 21:25:23 +0100
Alexander Holler <holler at ahsoftware.de> wrote:

> Am 03.02.2014 20:57, schrieb Evgeny Khramtsov:
>
> > We're thinking to switch to SMS-based verification for
> > jabber.ru: we have it currently and it works fine and is pretty
> > cheap, just need to disable email verification completely.
>
> Hmm, nice way to collect users phone numbers.
>
> I'm not sure if such should be done as it requires that users have to
> provide more datas than they usually want.
>
> And if such becomes a common requirement, privacy has become a bit
> more eroded, if such even still exists on the net.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alexander Holler

It's up to you. I just shared my experience. Nobody is going to make it
a requirement. I don't even think there will be any proposal. We have
such discussions from time to time here and they end up nowhere. I
don't think this discussion will be an exception.

There is no the right or single solution.