[Operators] dot xmpp

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Feb 5 11:33:00 UTC 2014

Taking this suggestion seriously for a moment:

If there's genuine interest, the XSF (or some other body) could do this. It
would mean a TLD that we controlled, allowing us to provide, and perhaps
even enforce, DNSSEC and things. But it would also have significant
operating costs beyond the initial large fee, and would therefore have to
charge for domains, and really I can't see that being something we'd be
particularly good at.