[Operators] DDoS attacks against jabber.org

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Fri Feb 7 16:52:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 04:16:33PM +0100, Marco Cirillo wrote:
> Given the insistence... I just ended restricting room creation on
> conference.lightwitch.org to the parent domain's users which sorted
> it.

We did the same, but that solved the issue only for a little while. Now we
have dedicated accounts set up that just create 100+ MUCs and then other
accounts with similar usernames on other servers also get admin rights (we
block those as well, btw).

greetings, Mati

--
I only read plain text mail! I prefer pgp|gpg signed & encrypted mails!