[Operators] Listing XMPP hidden services server option on xmpp.net

damian.davis at openmailbox.org damian.davis at openmailbox.org
Tue Feb 25 09:55:16 UTC 2014

Hello XMPP operators!

I have a question (proposal) about the IM Observatory website and the
project's GitHub page (https://github.com/stpeter/xmppdotnet) suggest
that this is the place to ask. If this is somehow incorrect I offer my
apologies.

Would it be possible to add a section/database column that shows if the
selected XMPP server supports connecting via Tor as a hidden service (if
it's a .onion XMPP server)?

Sure, you could always go directly to the homepage of the server and
check if they offer this but, to my knowledge, there is currently no
resource that would document which XMPP servers run as hidden services
and seeing how xmpp.net offers great security info about the XMPP
services I thought this might be a reasonable thing to add.

Thank you for your time and thanks for making the world a more secure
place.

Best,
Damian H. Davis