[Operators] Listing XMPP hidden services server option on xmpp.net

Thijs Alkemade thijs at xnyhps.nl
Tue Feb 25 13:16:51 UTC 2014

On 25 feb. 2014, at 10:55, damian.davis at openmailbox.org wrote:

> Hello XMPP operators!
>
> I have a question (proposal) about the IM Observatory website and the project's GitHub page (https://github.com/stpeter/xmppdotnet) suggest that this is the place to ask. If this is somehow incorrect I offer my apologies.
>
> Would it be possible to add a section/database column that shows if the selected XMPP server supports connecting via Tor as a hidden service (if it's a .onion XMPP server)?
>
> Sure, you could always go directly to the homepage of the server and check if they offer this but, to my knowledge, there is currently no resource that would document which XMPP servers run as hidden services and seeing how xmpp.net offers great security info about the XMPP services I thought this might be a reasonable thing to add.
>
> Thank you for your time and thanks for making the world a more secure place.
>
> Best,
> Damian H. Davis

Hello Damian,

I have implemented testing hidden services on xmpp.net today. It can now test
XMPP servers running as hidden services [1] and servers with hidden services
in its SRV records [2].

Thijs

[1] https://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=o2o62e3u5ezzac6u.onion&type=server
[2] https://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=jabber.calyxinstitute.org&type=client