[Operators] The Google issue

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Thu Jan 2 12:49:37 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 12:50 PM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> I wonder what will happen on Saturday:
>
> "January 4, 2014 - first test day requiring encryption"
> https://github.com/stpeter/manifesto/blob/master/manifesto.txt

I wonder what exactly is planned. Will you guys just require s2s
encryption or require valid certificates as well?

For ejabberd, this means that you set the s2s_use_starttls option to
either "required" (we have that at jabber.at already - no problems
except gmail) or "require_trusted".

If any other larger employments (jabber.org? jabber.ccc.de?) commit to
requiring trusted certificates for those test-days, we will do so as well.

greetings, Mati

twitter: @mathiasertl | xing: Mathias Ertl | email: mati at er.tl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!