[Operators] Prosody + Candy Chat resources

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 22:11:08 UTC 2014

Hi Leho,

On 5 January 2014 20:13, Leho Kraav <leho at kraav.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Looking at the chatme.im thread, it got me curious - does anyone here know
> any additional resources for work done on Candy Chat other than the github
> forks?

I don't know of any open-source additions to it that aren't on Github.

You might be interested in mod_candy:
https://code.google.com/p/prosody-modules/wiki/mod_candy (or you might
not, it's a convenience plugin that simply serves a pre-configured
Candy).

> I'm looking for an XMPP message archive integration for Candy, where the
> user could browse MUC message history that happened while he was
> disconnected. Wondering if any such work exists somewhere so I don't have to
> reinvent the wheel when I get to it.

This is certainly in The Plan. The server-side will use XEP-0313
through mod_mam_muc which allows Candy (or any other client) to
request the room logs over XMPP. This allows it to "catch up" on
missed history, and even implement "infinite scrolling" or a calendar
kind of view. You get the idea.

But this is still very much a work in progress. We're hoping it will
be ready with the 0.10 release, which doesn't have a date yet. I don't
think anyone has started on the Candy side of things.

Since we're actively working on this (but also many other things at
the same time!) I recommend you come speak to us in the chatroom[1] if
you're planning on using or contributing things in this area.

Regards,
Matthew

[1]: https://prosody.im/discuss