[Operators] Security Test Day - feedback needed!

Nikolaus Polak mail at nikolauspolak.info
Mon Jan 6 11:28:41 UTC 2014

Hello,

on our server (linuxlovers.at & 0nl1ne.at with about 10k users) we had
mostly problems with some standalone Jabber servers with no SSL
certificate or bad SSL configuration options - more than 20 servers on
my list, tried to check them with xmpp.net (thanks for this great
tool), let me guess when their S2S report says below TLS: "Error:
Connection failed" then they're missing something? ;)
Funny thing: some of their names include "secure", "safe" and other
apparently misleading words.

By the way, we enabled the s2s-enc-required switch for about 10 hours
only on the first test day (10:45-20:15 CEST), next one we'll try to
do 12-24 hours (depending on the s2s error messages).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards,
Nikolaus Polak - http://nikolauspolak.info