[Operators] public XMPP service: alpha-labs.net

Christian email at christian-reiss.de
Thu May 22 21:38:07 UTC 2014

... actually just a bit more debugging. :)
I am seeing these weird errors in the openfire error.log:

2014.05.22 23:31:27
org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession - Error
creating secured outgoing session to remote server: jabber.ru(DNS
lookup: jabber.ru:5269)
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer's
close_notify: possible truncation attack?
  at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:208)
  at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1630)
  at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1598)
  at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.closeInbound(SSLEngineImpl.java:1528)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.doHandshake(TLSStreamHandler.java:213)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.TLSStreamHandler.start(TLSStreamHandler.java:168)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection.startTLS(SocketConnection.java:182)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.secureAndAuthenticate(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:433)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:346)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:167)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:261)
  at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:238)
  at
  at
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Any java-guru got a clue? :)

- -Christian.

On 22.05.2014 22:10, Cesar Alcalde wrote:
> I still can't connect... and according to xmpp.net
> <http://xmpp.net>, you only support SSL3 (no support for TLS 1.0 or
> higher)

> <mailto:email at christian-reiss.de>>:
>
> Hey,
>
> sorry about that, I just rolled out a new java/ openfire combo a
> few hours ago and also just noticed the erros. My monitoring
> strangely did not report any issue...
>
> Anyway I rolled back and:
> https://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=alpha-labs.net&type=server
> (tadaa).
>
> I know I am on some old lists, being somehwat of an ancient server
> :P
>
> Cheers, Christian
>

> On 22.05.2014 20:53, Cesar Alcalde wrote:
>

> --- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
> Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com

- --

 Christian Reiss - email at christian-reiss.de       /"\  ASCII Ribbon
                                                  \ /    Campaign
 GPG Key: http://gpg.christian-reiss.de            X   against HTML
 Jabber : chris at alpha-labs.net                    / \   in eMails

 "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven.",
                                        John Milton, Paradise lost.

---