[Operators] JavaScript XMPP client

JC Brand lists at opkode.com
Tue Jan 13 16:41:33 UTC 2015

Hi Peter

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 10:07:17AM +0100, Peter Viskup wrote:
>    we are working on implementation of new web client for our [1]jabber.sk
>    services.
>    Would like to ask you for your experiences on this front.
>    At the moment I found two promising active projects:
>     - Converse.js [2]https://conversejs.org/
>     - JSXC [3]https://www.jsxc.org/
>
>    Both of them have cons and pros, Converse support MUC and JSXC
>    video/audio. Both should support SCRAM-SHA1.
>    Our requirement is the lightweight JavaScript client (to offload our web
>    server from parsing PHP if possible). Does anybody of you have experience
>    with some other web clients?

There is also Jappix, but AFAIK it integrates with a particular PHP backend
https://mini.jappix.com/

as well as otalk, which for some reason has been marked deprecated
https://github.com/otalk/otalk-deprecated

I'm the author of converse.js.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. https://opkode.com/contact.html