[Operators] Please enable Forward Secrecy for your servers!

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Mon Jul 27 18:05:09 UTC 2015

Hi David and all other wheezy users!

On 2015-07-27 19:22, David Mohr wrote:
> In my case I need to upgrade from Debian wheezy to jessie to get PFS, so
> there is more work involved. And I'd expect a decent number of servers
> to be in the same situation. Jessie came out in April, so it's not brand
> new. But it is still fairly recent and you can't just expect everyone to
> have upgraded already.

"A" already mentioned that installing the ejabberd package from jessie
works. We also provide APT repositories for ejabberd, for wheezy we have
ejabberd 15.06, which requires erlang from backports. See

	https://jabber.at/en/apt-repository

for more information. For the lazy:

Install Erlang from backports:
> echo "deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main" \
>    > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/backports.list
> apt-get update
> apt-get -t jessie-backports install erlang

Install ejabberd:
> apt-get install apt-transport-https
> echo "deb https://apt.jabber.at wheezy ejabberd" \
>    > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jabber.at.list
> wget -qO- https://apt.jabber.at/gpg-key | apt-key add -
> apt-get update
> apt-get install ejabberd

This will of course also require upgrading your configuration as already
mentioned. Packages are also available for all other newer Debian/Ubuntu
distros.

greetings, Mati
(jabber.at)

twitter: @mathiasertl | xing: Mathias Ertl | email: mati at er.tl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!