[Operators] Public XMPP service: jabberzac.org

admin at fysh.in admin at fysh.in
Tue Mar 10 23:09:58 UTC 2015

I agree on the MUC front. Would be good to collaborate in real time rather than a rather out dated (in my opinion) mailing list. Although I can see the archiving benefits of the mailing list.

I’ve listed my server using https://list.jabber.at/ <https://list.jabber.at/> rather than https://xmpp.net <https://xmpp.net/> as xmpp.net <http://xmpp.net/> was no longer being updated when I applied to get mine added.

The process at https://list.jabber.at <https://list.jabber.at/> is that you don’t need to request it to be added on the page it’s all automated for the most part, as far as I’m aware. I can’t remember the whole process from start to end, but you just have to create an account and satisfy some criteria before your server is listed on the home page automatically. I believe it checks every 6 hours to verify the server you listed still meets the criteria, and if it does not it will automatically hide it from the home page until it’s resolved.

It might be an idea to try the site yourselves as I can’t remember all there is about it.

But I thought this could be a good strategy of improving the process at xmpp.net <http://xmpp.net/>?