[Operators] Public XMPP service: jabberzac.org

Mathias Ertl mati at fsinf.at
Wed Mar 11 09:43:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

TL;DR: Add your Jabber-Server to https://list.jabber.at.

On 03/11/2015 12:09 AM, admin at fysh.in wrote:
> I’ve listed my server using https://list.jabber.at/ rather than
> https://xmpp.net as xmpp.net <http://xmpp.net> was no longer being
> updated when I applied to get mine added.
>
> The process at https://list.jabber.at is that you don’t need to request
> it to be added on the page it’s all automated for the most part, as far
> as I’m aware. I can’t remember the whole process from start to end, but
> you just have to create an account and satisfy some criteria before your
> server is listed on the home page automatically. I believe it checks
> every 6 hours to verify the server you listed still meets the criteria,
> and if it does not it will automatically hide it from the home page
> until it’s resolved.

I am the maintainer at jabber.at and developed list.jabber.at. The site
was actually a reaction to when we had the same situation a few years
back. The XSF has been very sporadic in operators support, the list was
never (at least: not since 2007 or so) really maintained. Sadly, they
were very reluctant to ever ask for support, and *always* simply ignored
any offer for support, even when they asked for it.

That being said: You described the process well. You register at the
site, confirm your E-Mail and JID (fuck spam!) and just add your site
under "My Servers".

The site will do almost everything by itself: It verifies TLS and SRV
records. If you give a Homepage as "contact detail" I will manually
verify that within a day or so. If you ever fuckup your SRV records or
your Cert is not valid, the server will disappear until the problem is
resolved.

greetings, Mati

twitter: @mathiasertl | xing: Mathias Ertl | email: mati at er.tl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!