[Operators] Annoying spam

Mickaël Rémond mremond at process-one.net
Thu Nov 12 21:28:30 UTC 2015

Hello Valerian,

> On 10 Nov 2015, at 19:40, Valerian Saliou <valerian at valeriansaliou.name> wrote:
>
> If I recall well, ejabbed’s VJUD lists all users by default, unrespectful of any personal choice (whether to appear in directory / or not). Jappix.com <http://jappix.com/> is not using ejabbed but my account (which is being spammed) appears in the directory. It would be great to get more insights about that (whether some people not appearing in a targeted server’s VJUD also get spammed or not).

This is right that the directory that we need to revert the flag / default setting for ejabberd VJUD. This is something we always disable
This is going to be done for ejabberd 15.12.

We tend to go manually customize our configuration file for each deployment, but I agree to give spam prevent a higher priority compared to ease of use with default settings.

Thanks !

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net