[Operators] XMPP federation over Tor : supported by Prosody, join us !

Nicholas Merrill lists at calyx.com
Thu Oct 15 19:59:18 UTC 2015

The prosody XMPP server has a mod_onions module that can do federation
between Tor .onion hidden services, to mitigate metadata analysis and
add an additional layer of security.

If any of you Prosody server operators want to set it up, see the
following URL for details:

https://blog.thijsalkema.de/me/blog/blog/2013/06/11/xmpp-federation-over-tor-hidden-services/

If you do set it up, then we have some lua code you can use to add a map
of the .onion hidden server addresses for a few popular services ( 9 at
this time but there will surely be more soon - we hope you will add your
service to the list ! )

https://github.com/nickcalyx/xmpp-onion-map

best,

Nick