[Operators] xmpp.net - problems with some (at least mine) ejabberd server

Matthias Rieber supportrq at sucksass.de
Sat Oct 24 12:26:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

I tried to test my ejabberd servers. While real clients don't have any
problems with the server, all xmpp.net tests ended with 'Error: Connection
failed.'

When I sniff the connection attemps I see three attemps: SSLv2, SSLv3
and then TLSv1 and that's it. The last attempt ends with an 'Encryption
alert(21)'. I tried to change various TLS related settings and also
different openssl versions - but to no avail.

It turns out that there are some well know servers like jabber.ru, which
are also 'affected'.

Maybe someone has an idea what's going wrong.

Matthias