[Operators] SSL trust in XMPP world

Peter Viskup skupko.sk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:19:05 UTC 2015

Hi all,
we know there still are issues with CA-signed and self-signed certificates.
Self-signed certificate was the main reason for not accepting our server
into the list of public XMPP server.
>From my perspective it would be great to implement XEP similar to
Convergence [1]. That could solve at least some of the issues with
certificates we have at the moment. On the end the CA-trust-lists would be
removed from the clients and servers would be able to check the validity of
certificates for s2s connections.
Didn't dive deep into the problem, but seems promising to me.
Anyone already thinking of or working on it?

[1] http://www.convergence.io

--
Peter Viskup
admin of jabber.sk