[Operators] XMPP DDoS on yax.im today

Mike Barnes mike at bremensaki.com
Tue Aug 30 01:32:49 UTC 2016

I noticed some of those accounts being registered on one of my servers and
regret not looking into it at the time.

All 22 of the accounts on freestucks.com were registered on the same day,
from the same IP (Russian). It stood out because freestucks.com isn't
publicised anywhere, it's on no lists that I'm aware of, and just exists
for the benefit of myself and a few friends. New accounts are extremely
rare on that host, so a large bunch 10 days ago raised my eyebrows a bit.

I'll check that IP against the logs to see if anything's still coming in
from that source.