[Operators] Spam Problem And Its Simple Solution

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:38:09 UTC 2016

Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:00:47 +0300
A <a at creep.im> wrote:

> Okay, then I misunderstood you. Could you elaborate a bit how it's
> fought in 2016 (that can be applied to XMPP of course, not just
> outlining some measures implemented in centralized proprietary
> protocols)?

Well, my vision is described in XEP-0287. We can use at least SPIM
markers from this XEP before introducing any SPIM recognition system
per se (it can be as simple as DNSBL as long as messages are not blocked
silently by the server). And use reporting from XEP-0377. For the
reasons I cannot remember Sam didn't like my reporting approach, but
I'm fine with his XEP.