[Operators] Server loss

James Tait james.tait at wyrddreams.org
Fri May 5 11:27:05 UTC 2017

On 05/05/17 11:17, Holger Weiß wrote:

> If anyone is interested in setting up another instance, I'd be happy to
> help; and maybe we could create proper documentation on the way.
>
> Holger

If we have several people willing to run instances of this, maybe it
would make sense to have DNS set up to round robin between them, bearing
in mind that doing so would require distribution of TLS keys and
certificates.

Otherwise we could approach it as subdomains of xmpp.net and have
operators deal with sourcing TLS certificates themselves, and maybe have
the main page at xmpp.net delegate to the subdomains based on geoip
lookup or similar?

Cheers,

JT

​

James Tait, BSc                        |    xmpp:jayteeuk at wyrddreams.org
Programmer and Free Software advocate  |        Tel: +44 (0)870 490 2407