[Operators] xmpp is dead

David Banes david at banes.org
Sat May 6 07:54:08 UTC 2017

My annual chip in :)

XMPP crossed the chasm and peaked (Google Chat, Facebook Chat, WhatsApp) and some may argue it’s on the tail now, but it does still have a small niche in the market with lots to offer.

Matrix hasn’t even reached the chasm let alone crossed it so it may have a future but like many other HTTP based projects in the tail lights it’s unproven in large long term projects.

My advice, select the messaging platform that best suits your needs, but the cautious man would bet on one that’s been proven not the new boy in town.

David.