[Operators] GDPR & XSF 8 - Minutes
pep at bouah.net
Mon Apr 23 11:49:44 UTC 2018
# GDPR & XSF 8
At xsf at muc.xmpp.org - 2018/04/23 10:30 UTC
Attendees: winfried, Ge0rG, jonasw, pep., Zash
Date of Next: 2018/04/26 10:30 UTC
1. What consequences does the GDPR has for the Jabber network?
2. .. Jabber server operators?
3. .. what can/should do the XSF with that?
Q2) What consequences does the GDPR has for the XSF running Jabber server?
Q3) What consequences does the GDPR has for the work processes of the XSF
itself (membership, voting, wiki etc)?
#### e) Analyse possible consequences
TODO: Form a document that will outline guidelines for servers operators
Technical TODO: EULA XEP? Must contain information about all processing
- User Metadata / User Content (C2S/S2S):
* publish a link to the EULA, needs to stay available + EULA versioning,
notify user of changes
* Inform server operators of 6.1b and 49.1b processing limits
* "messages sent to other users are subject to policies those users agreed to"
should be included in EULA during registration
(TODO: probably s/messages/stanzas, and find end-user speak for "stanza")
* With the point above, EULA for S2S is likely not needed
## EULA XEP
There are different things we might understand under "EULA XEP":
1. a template for writing server EULAs
2. a protocol for informing the client about the EULA URL
3. a protocol for informing the client about specific EULA details
4. an s2s protocol to let remote users know of your EULAs
- Not all these points require a XEP, or might just require an
informational XEP, (template?)
- 4 might not be needed as specified above in Q1.1e
- Work for this XEP won't be done during the meeting.
Maxime “pep” Buquet
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Operators