[standards-jig] jabber:iq:stats

Russell Davis rkdavis at burninghorse.com
Mon Aug 5 18:47:48 UTC 2002

Iain Shigeoka wrote:

>Live meetings may be difficult (as discussed Re: foundation debates) due to
>time zones and such.  I also doubt the efficiency of them for technical
>discussions.  Why not discuss this on the list?  That way more people can
>see it, the discussion will be archived, and we can start discussion now.
>:)

well i've never had problems before with online technical discussions
but that was many years ago on the altos chats of the 80's and early
90's when I was a lot younger and the only real concern you had was
lions (line noise) not lag and only three major timezones (Europe,
Americas and Australia) were ever involved. Personally I hate
discussions by mailing lists but ok if thats whats wanted.

Russell Davis
jid: ukscone at jabber.org
email: scone at burninghorse.com