[standards-jig] Invisibility Support in Jabber

Jeremie jeremie at jabber.org
Fri Aug 9 05:09:28 UTC 2002

The JEP in question is still in the experimental stage. I agree that
this appears to be a good idea/addition, and I haven't heard anyone say
otherwise, so I'd be happy to update JEP-18 and add it in.

The only potential conflict is that the prototype'd invisibility support
in jabberd-1.4.2 uses <presence/> as a flag that your becoming visible
(instead of the newly proposed <presence type="visible"/>), so that
behavior would change and might break clients supporting it currently,
which seems acceptable since it's still experimental.

Jer