[standards-jig] JNG Ramblings.

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Tue Aug 13 16:14:46 UTC 2002

Mike Lin wrote:
> My understanding (maybe I'm wrong) is that you wrote your own XML
> parser for JabberCOM. Having also recently written an XML parser,
> this is a feat that deserves praise, but you should simply have been
> able to use an XML parser out of the box. That, in addition to the
> transport of binary payloads, is what my JNG enables.

FWIW, the reason I wrote my own parser was because I was originally writing
my XML tools to use for other commercial products that I was currently
writing and could not be bound by IP problems attached to other native
Delphi parsers (which at the time there was _1_). The other reason was that
the single delphi parser was not Widestring clean, and it didn't really work
100%. It had nothing to do w/ the jabber related stream stuff.

pgm.