[standards-jig] post-RFC task list

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Feb 25 17:21:06 UTC 2002

Now that the RFC is behind me, I'm looking at what we need next. Cleaning
up the JIGs (see recent post) and getting some JEPs through the Council
are tops on my list.

We also need to convert some of the old protocol drafts to JEPs. Because
what is defined in the RFC is now considered standard protocol, the old
draft protocols (http://docs.jabber.org/draft-proto/) need to be converted
to JEPs so that they can be standardized. Julian, Ryan, temas, and jer
have already started this process. Here are the protocols that need to be
(1) finalized and pushed through the Council or (2) created and discussed
on this list:

1. jabber:iq:browse -- this is JEP-0011 (Experimental)

2. forms -- this is JEP-0004 (Experimental)

3. jabber:iq:last -- this is JEP-0012 (Active)

4. jabber:x:encrypted + jabber:x:signed -- JEP needed

5. zero-knowledge authentication -- JEP needed

6. jabber:iq:private -- JEP needed (not defined in RFC)

7. xhtml-basic -- JEP needed

8. jabber:x:envelope -- do we want a JEP for this?

9. jabber:x:expire -- do we want a JEP for this?

10. jabber:x:event -- do we want a JEP for this?

Is this a complete list? If not, let me know what's missing from the
likely candidates at http://docs.jabber.org/draft-proto/

And any volunteers? I'd be happy to help out with some of these....

email+jabber: stpeter at jabber.org
web: http://www.saint-andre.com/