[standards-jig] Presence priority finetuning

Sami Haahtinen ressu at ressukka.net
Mon Jul 1 19:57:50 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 03:45:20PM -0400, Julian Missig wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 15:41, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> > before the server sends the offline messages, it needs to know wether
> > the client will accept them, if you think about it this way, the client
> > has to negotiate the accepted messages before sending it's first
> > <presence/> to make sure that the server only sends the messages that
> > this client accepts certain types of messages.
>
> ... so?
> There's nothing saying a server can't browse you right after you
> connect, before you even send a presence packet. Or the server could
> wait on sending the messages until after it attempts to browse you.

this brings us to yet another problem.. how long should the server wait
for a reply from the client, atleast a quick check with gabber revealed
what i was expecting.. nothing is returned when a query is sent to the
client which it does not understand.. (and to me, Gabber behaved as
expected)

how long should the server wait for a valid reply before dumping the
data according to default rules?

Sami

--
			  -< Sami Haahtinen >-
      -[ Notify immediately if you do not receive this message ]-