[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0045 (Multi-User Chat)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Dec 5 00:13:08 UTC 2003

At the recent IETF meeting in Minneapolis, I heard one thing that I
through would be useful in MUC: the ability to request voice in a
moderated room without poking any specific room admin. This might be
especially useful in a large room. So I've added a little protocol for
that in JEP-0045. Also I've added a mapping of IRC-style commands to MUC
protocols for clients that want to implement that.

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0045.html

We really will be done with this soon. Maybe we need to make it Final so
I stop messing around with it....

Oh, and I'm not wedded to the voice request protocol, just thought it
would be useful. Let's discuss on the list here.

Jabber Software Foundation