[standards-jig] more thoughts on voip

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Wed Feb 12 02:54:08 UTC 2003

This kind of thing is already being worked on (i.e. proxy connections),
there is no point doing special proxying for VoIP since the stuff being
worked on should handle it. IMO VoIP support in jabber should be as
simple as possible and just be in effect a simple handshake (no point
in having any proxy stuff at VoIP level since it doesnt need to be and
can be handled by the appropriate mechanisms already mentioned, also
the type of link between the two parties should be transparent at the
VoIP handshake level, all it needs are the ip:port to connect to wether
that be p2p or proxied if designed correctly it shouldnt need to know
that).