AW: [standards-jig] JEP-0022 composing Events

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at myjabber.net
Sat Feb 15 10:15:38 UTC 2003

from MS Patent:
==
The system periodically sends a new activity message at intervals
corresponding to
the first predetermined time interval so long as the user is actively
entering data during each time interval
==

Thast a difference here to jabber. We send our events not periodical. We
send them, and we cancel them. So i think we dont infringe this patent. But
im a programmer and not a lawyer.

Alex

> Alexander Gnauck's questions may be mute since Microsoft has recently
> received a patent (US 6,519,639) on the "activity monitoring" which is
> the core of any method of implementing "composing event."
>
>The system
periodically sends a new activity message at intervals corresponding to
the first predetermined time interval so long as the user is actively
entering data during each time interval/2003-February/000076.html