[standards-jig] software version

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Sun Jul 27 15:46:42 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 05:11:59PM +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:08:16AM -0600, Peter G. Millard wrote:
> > +1 on adding <creator> but as was already mentioned, we need some kind of
> > byte limit on the content IMO. I think adding <url> would also be really
> > cool.. or should we just allow jabber:x:oob inside of the iq-result packet?
>
> iq-result packed may contain at most one child and the child if present
> should be in reqested namespace. So jabber:x:oob cannot be first-level
> child of the iq-result packet.
>
> IMHO url should be an optional attribute on <name/> and <creator/>
> elements.

I am more in favour of putting an <x xmlns="jabber:x:oob"/> inside the
element it describes. So if you want to describe the software product,
put it inside the <query xmlns="jabber:iq:version"/> element. If you want
to link to information about the creator, put it in that element.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm