[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0020 (Feature Negotiation)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Apr 23 16:24:29 UTC 2004

It recently came to the attention of the Jabber Council that JEP-0020
specifies a root element of <query/> but that using protocols such as
JEP-0095 have been specifying a root element of <feature/> for the
'http://jabber.org/protocol/feature-neg' namespace:

http://www.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2004-April/001261.html

Because there are more implementations of using protocols than of
feature negotiation itself, the consensus of the Council and the JEP
author is that it would be best to change JEP-0020 in this regard.
Therefore I have made this change in version 1.3 of the JEP. The full
changelog is:

   Per Council discussion, changed root element from <query/> to
   <feature/> for the sake of consistency with using protocols; moved
   some text from JEP-0030 to this document. (psa)

The text moved from JEP-0030 to JEP-0020 pertains to one of the
examples; I plan to release an updated version of JEP-0030 (which shall
incorporate the rest of the Call for Experience feedback) later today.

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0020.html

Jabber Software Foundation