[Standards-JIG] Comments of JEP-0073: Basic IM Protocol Suite(from a mobile client perspective)

tony.cheung at asiayeah.com tony.cheung at asiayeah.com
Sun Apr 25 09:07:00 UTC 2004

Yes, it is very nice to have some web-based user registration services, so in-inband registration is even less essential.

For higher development costs on mobile clients, I did not mean the price for the development tools, but the development time. For the same set of features, it sometimes take longer to code in mobile devices. I use free development tools on Palm too.

I would try to think of adding service discovery and many others, but so far no user has asked for it yet.

Tony