[standards-jig] jep-0071 img tag

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Thu Feb 5 10:54:53 UTC 2004

> No, client must have possible send embed data, becouse I want use this
> for mobile client, and it will simple for use (becose mobile have small
> memory)...
> But I think that message must have embed body only defined maxsize (for
> example 10kb)

Well im afraid I think its a very bad idea to hack a protocol in an
undesirable way just to get around restrictions in a particular client, IMO
if you dont have enough memory to support basic file transfer then you
shouldnt be trying to directly transfer images in your mobile client, IMO
your only option is to post the files up onto an HTTP server and retrieve
them that way (if you want to do it at all).

Anyway IMO a mobile client should not be wasting bandwidth trying to embed
images into messages anyway considering how expensive it is, certainly here
in the UK anyway.

Richard