[Standards-JIG] JEP-0045 (MUC) - IQ Stanza Semantics

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Wed Feb 25 20:24:08 UTC 2004

Hi there,

  May I also point out this is potentially a large abuse of bandwidth -
Take the scenario where a user leaves a room which has 100 people in it.
If the leaving client has to be sent unavailable presence for all the
other users in the room, we're talking a total of 101 incoming presence
packets, along with another going out to everyone in the room - 201
presence packets just because someone wanted to leave.

Regards,

  David