[Standards-JIG] (no subject)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Tue Jun 8 07:44:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 02:57:07PM +0950, Robert Mibus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been looking forward for some time to an Avatar JEP to
> be "Active", but I haven't seen any movement on JEP 84, nor
> have I seen a new JEP.
>
> What's the status of 84, or any other to-be-proposed Avatar
> JEP? I looked through the archives for the past few months
> and didn't see anything... I checked why it was deferred,
> and it was "automatically deferred" back in December by
> "stpeter".
>
> Is it ever going to be "undeferred", or another JEP set to
> replace it? Is there anything anyone (I?) can do to help
> speed things along?

Hi!

As you might have noticed, there has recently been a lot of discussion
on JEP-0060 or pubsub. This is the bases for the avatar JEP, and currently
a couple of people is working on a first implementation of this JEP, to see
how it would work and how the JEP could be perfected. Keep posted for updates.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm