[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 (pubsub) Event Types

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Sat Jun 26 16:20:09 UTC 2004

Hi,

While implementing the different event types in idavoll, as defined in section
5 of JEP-0060, I encountered a few things that are not clearly stated.

First, there is nothing that says what to do when the rules in table 2
are not met. I assumed returning an iq error 'bad-request'.

Second, the table states for nodes configured as persisting items, but
only sending out notifications without payload:

  Publisher MUST include an empty item element; if item ID is not provided by
  publisher, it MUST be generated by pubsub service

This can't be right. If the publisher would send no payload along in the
publish, how can the pubsub service persist the item? I suggest the text
is changed to:

  Publisher MUST include an item element that contains the payload; if item ID
  is not provided by publisher, it MUST be generated by pubsub service. The
  notifications MUST include an empty item element.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm